Stellae was the principal sponsor at the AoC Estates Network Annual Conference, 2010.
AoC ESTATES NETWORK ANNUAL CONFERENCE 2010
COLLEGE ESTATES AND THE STUDENT VOICE: DEVELOPING ESTATES AND BUILDING SERVICES TO SERVE THE STUDENT
In the conference exhibition Stellae demonstrated its unique space modelling system developed in association with the funding agencies.
Colleges should be dynamic centres of learning promoting student achievement and success. The software shows how space utilisation levels can be improved on the basis of workable timetables, and how released space can be used to generate income for college funded estate strategies.
City of Westminster College © Schmidt Hammer Lassen
The main contributors to the conference included:
- Hilary Hale, Director, Hale Consulting Ltd speaking on the topic Developing Estates to Enhance the Student Experience.
- Barry Hansford, Director of Learner Services, Northampton College reviewed Meeting the Needs of Students: a Holistic Approach.
- Gideon Meade, Estates Manager, City College, Brighton and Hove contributed to the topic The changing Landscape of Education and Training for the Facilities Management Profession.
In the breakout sessions college contributors included:
- Robert Imiolczyk, Estates and Facilities Manager, Merthyr Tydfil College considered Security, Discipline and the College Culture.
- Matthew Westmore, Director Estates and Facilities, Harrow College assessed Managing Student Expectations in response to the Learner Voice Agenda.
Shane Chowen, Vice president (FE), National Union of Students made a distinctive contribution to the programme considering the issue The Student Union and the College Estate.